Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Walking...

Well I know I have been MIA for a tad while but I have just had the greatest time this past weekend :) - it included: Wipe Out, lunch at Chili's, Pink Spoon x 2, car wash and the pool.

But here is what I really wanted to talk about.


Yesterday was like any normal day... workout and then work.
But when I went out to run my 3 miles at lunch..... my shins started hurting. I almost had a breakdown... I reallly felt like... WOW wow wow this is not fair. I have been slowy running and strething and using "the stick" on my legs. Why me? Why me God? It is not fair that I always get shin splints.

I really felt abandoned and hurt.

BUT... then I picked myself up really quickly (something that I really never am able to do)
I stopped focusing on that ONE little annnoying thing... and started thinking about ALLthat God has already blessed me with.
He has blessed me beyond words.
So during that lunch I went ahead and walked.
I walked and talked to God about all that was on my mind.
I thanked God for:
  • the ablity to breath
  • the ablity to just walk... to have legs
  • eyes to see the amazing trees and all the different people
  • being able to call him my Father
  • a one hour lunch break to enjoy his creation
  • being able to come into his presence
  • Aaron and my family
  • being able to aready work out in the morning
  • having lunch in my office when I got back
  • living in a free country
  • a job
  • and the list goes on and on.... I am beyond blessed.
There are so many things that I take for granted. I tend to focus on the ONE thing that is wrong and not the millions of things that God has graciously given me.

It is so easy to focus on what we can't do and forget all we can do.

So just remember... God has a plan even when it really doesnt seem fair... HIS way is alwasy always best.. even when it doesnt feel like it is.

Questions:
What are you thankful for today?
Do you ever focus on the ONE small thing that is bothering you instead of all the other good things?

No comments:

Post a Comment